Monday 29 September 2014

Green Screen Practice and Representation Analysis

My original image 

My first image is of our original photograph of me with the green curtain behind me. The green curtain is used to make the subject you don't want to be edited out - stand out. It's framed so that only I am in the shot and so that only the green curtain is in the background so that when it comes to editing we wouldn't have the problem of a spot in the frame being uneditable. I am also stood not too far away from the camera but not too close so that when I am put into the image I will look in perspective. I am posed so as to look like a pop singer and "cool". This is because my video is supposed to be a pop video with a cartoon theme.
The image that I used for the background is of an under the sea house which fits the style of my video. It is part of the genre and the style I was going for and it is very recognisable also.


The background image I chose
Me with the background image behind me
Here is my final image with me edited in front of the background. In the frame is the house, sea, sand and various underwater plants which show that it is an underwater environment. It's also clearly a cartoon which fits in with the genre and my representation within the video. I am positioned so that I am not blocking the main feature in the background, which is the house. The house is key as it is very recognisable and the shot wouldn't work well with it obscured. The angle and shot type which I chose is a face-on mid range shot so that I am clearly shown and not out of perspective with the background image. The colours used in the background are very vibrant and bright so as to create a cartoony feel to the video which fits in with the genre and the representation that I am trying to give off. I am dressed in contrasting colours, mainly black, so that I stand out and so that I am giving off that "cool" effect I want to get across.

The video I can compare my own image with is Busted's "Year 3000" which has a similar underwater cartoon feel to it. The boyband are going for a similar "cool" angle and they stand out very much within the cartoon background of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment