Thursday 25 September 2014

Introduction

As a group we will create a music video as part of our coursework unit. This blog will contain the evidence of our research, practice and planning. For our music video we had to choose an unsigned band and we chose Crash Island. Crash Island is an Indie Rock band from Stoke Newington, London that started in 2012. The Band has played shows in France, Germany, Switzerland and all around the UK. There are four band members in Crash Island; Gizmo (vocals and guitar), Jeremy (guitar and keyboard), Jay (bass and keyboard) and Yusuf (drums and vocals).



As for ourselves, there are three of us:






Bruna: I'm 18, I will listen to most genres of music without being too picky but my favourite music genre is Indie Rock. The bands I listen to most often are Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, The Orwells, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Rolling Stones and now Crash Island as well. I've also seen most of them live apart from The Rolling Stones and Crash Island.





Juliette: I'm 17, I listen to a wide variety of music, for example Pop- such as Taylor Swift and Shakira. Folk- such as Mumford & Sons and traditional Irish music. Also indie rock- such as a local band Echo Park and of course now Crash Island. I mainly listen to music on the radio. I have seen Echo Park live and I've also been to 'Big Gig' twice (a Guiding event) where I enjoyed acts including Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, Little Mix, Mike Dignam and Union J.





Matt: I'm 18, I like listening to a wide variety of genres from grunge to hip hop. One of my favourite current bands are the Foo Fighters whose music I really enjoy. This is to be expected though as I'm also a big fan of Nirvana. Along with my love for these bands I also enjoy listening to the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino and Frank Ocean. I don't go to too many gigs or festivals but when I have done I've really enjoyed them.